- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz premium Cointreau
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- coarse kosher salt
- lime wedge
- Optional: Garnish with a small squeeze of blood orange. You may want to reduce Cointreau a bit if you add the blood orange. Taste a sip and adjust to suit your taste.
- If you like salt on your cocktail: Place a thin layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub the rim of a cocktail glass with lime juice. Holding the stem of the glass, rotate the rim in salt. Its best if the salt is only on the outside of the glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Place all ingredients in a shaker. Shake well. Strain into the glass, garnish with lime wedges if you like or a squeeze of blood orange, and serve.
Other recipes I found online:
Frozen Margarita Recipe
- 1 (6 ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cups Tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoons sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Combine the first 4 ingredients in container of an electric blender. Process 30 seconds. Gradually add enough ice cubes to bring mixture to 3 1/2 cup level; blend until smooth. To serve, rub rim of cocktail glass with lime wedge. Place salt in saucer; press and spin rim of each glass in salt. Pour beverage into prepared glasses. Garnish, if desired.
Jimmy Buffett’s Perfect Margarita Recipe
- Crushed ice
- 3 wedges lime
- 2 ounces gold tequila (Cuervo 1800)
- 1/2 ounce tequila (Cuervo white)
- 1 1/4 ounces Rose’s Lime Juice
- 1/2 ounce Triple Sec (Bols)
- 1 splash orange Curaçao (Bols)
Put all ingredients except the 3 lime wedges into a shaker. Squeeze 2 of the lime wedges into the shaker. SHAKE WELL! Rim outside of glass only with lime. Salt only the outside of the glass. Add fresh crushed ice to glass. Strain mixture over ice. Squeeze remaining lime wedge in glass.
Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila
- ¾ oz. triple sec
- ¾ oz. Midori
- 2 oz. sour mix
- 6 oz. cubed, seeded watermelon
- 8 oz. ice
Blend all ingredients together; serve in a 14-ounce glass. Garnish with lime and watermelon wedge.
Cabo Waborita Margarita Recipe
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 2 oz. Sammy Hagar’s Cabo Wabo tequila
Mix in a shaker over ice. Serve in salt-rimmed glass.
Albuquerque Style Margarita Recipe
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Coarse or kosher salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lime concentrate
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 6 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime or grapefruit soda
- 3 to 4 cup ice cubes
- Lime twist for garnish
- Lime peel for garnish
Rub rim of each cocktail glass with lime wedge; swirl glass in salt to coat rim. Combine half of each of the remaining ingredients, except garnishes, in blender container; blend until ice is finely chopped and mixture is slushy. Pour into salt-rimmed glasses. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish, if desired.