The science behind this aphrodisiac lies in that fact that it is packed with nutrients such as B-12, sulphur, calcium, iron, and zinc, some of which is believed to enhance ones libido and sexual desire.
Some of my favorite lobster recipes you can find on Seduction Meals: Lobster in Chardonnay Sauce, Butter Poached Maine Lobster with Vanilla Crepes, Lobster and Corn Chowder, Crab Ravioli in Saffron Sauce topped with Lobster, and Corn and Chipotle Pancakes with Grilled Lobster.
Here are a few recipes that were found on the web site of two New England expert chefs who started a company based on their passion of food, New England culture, and all things fresh. Their passion comes across in everything they do. You may know the name Stonewall Kitchens. Better yet, you may have tried their wonderfully cherished products all made to be feasts for the eyes and the palate. Visit their web site for more innovative and delicious recipes.
lobster, avocado and mango salad
a salad that’s appealing to the eye and sumptuous to taste
recipe by Stonewall Kitchen / Serves 4
6 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Sun-dried Tomato Mustard (or your favorite mustard)
5 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons bottled clam broth
2 tablespoons minced shallots
1 1/2 teaspoons minced tarragon leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
4 to 8 red leaf or bibb lettuce leaves, washed and blotted dry
1 pound lobster meat
1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Whisk Sun-dried Tomato Mustard, mayonnaise and clam broth together in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in shallots and tarragon. Cover and refrigerate while preparing salad.
2. Line 4 chilled plates with lettuce leaves. Divide lobster among plates, mounding meat in the center. Add avocado and mango slices in an attractive pattern surrounding the lobster. Grind black pepper over the salads; drizzle with dressing and serve
pan fried Maine lobster cakes with spicy corn relish
recipe by Stonewall Kitchen
3 loaves Brioche Bread, remove crust and cut into medium dice
1 lb. red onion, small dice
2 red peppers, small dice
4 ribs celery, small dice
4 oz. butter, melted
2 cups ( +/-) mayonnaise
2 lbs. Maine lobster meat, cooked and roughly chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 jars Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish
1. Combine all ingredients, except Spicy Corn Relish, in non-reactive bowl until well mixed.
2. Portion into cakes, about 2 1/2 oz each. Heat 2 oz. olive oil in non-stick pan and sauté until golden brown and heated throughout.
3. Use Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Corn Relish for garnish.
This makes quite a few lobster cakes. It can be divided in half or even quartered for smaller amounts.
lobster, scallop and pear chowder
recipe by Stonewall Kitchen / Serves 4
For an interesting twist on a New England favorite, we’ve added Lemon Pear Marmalade to our version of a
1/4 pound bacon, cut into 1/4″ pieces
1 pound scallops, cleaned and cut into 1/4″ pieces, leave whole if bay scallops are used
1/2 pound lobster meat
4 pears, peeled, cored and diced into 1/4″ cubes
2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4″ cubes
1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Pear Marmalade
1 large onion, diced
1 bay leaf
2 cups half and half or whole milk
3/4 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Champagne Shallot Mustard
1. Saute bacon in soup kettle over medium heat until brown and crispy.
2. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat. Add onions and cook until onion is translucent.
3. Add potatoes and bay leaf, barely cover with water and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add pears and continue to simmer until pears and potatoes are fork tender.
5. Lower heat and add Lemon Pear Marmalade.
6. Stir until melted: Season with salt, pepper and Champagne Shallot Mustard. Add in scallops, lobster and half and half, and simmer briefly until scallops are cooked.
7. Remove bay leaf and serve while warm.