With the Sea bass Kabobs and Grilled Peaches being such a hit, I decided to try another kabob recipe, this time Balsamic and Rosemary Scented American Lamb Kabobs. They were done just right, juicy lamb skewers with a hint of rosemary and balsamic flavors.
- 1-1/4 pounds American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 18 cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 12 pieces
- 6 wood skewers (12-inch) soaked in water
- In small bowl combine vinegar, garlic, rosemary, cumin, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Prepare kabobs by threading lamb, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion and zucchini onto skewers.
- Baste with herb sauce.
- Broil 4 inches from source of heat for 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness:
- 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium and 170ºF for well.
- Turn once and baste with herb sauce.