I love fast recipes, and this is one of my favorite quickies. All you need is shrimp, olive oil, garlic, white wine, red pepper flakes, and a loaf of French or Italian bread for dipping. Serve the shrimp on a platter and pour the garlic infused olive oil over the shrimp. Serve with hot crusty bread and a glass of champagne or white wine and listen to the silence as people dig in… it always happens : )
You can also serve this dish over spaghetti or a bowl of orzo for a more robust meal.
Seared Spicy Garlic Shrimp Appetizer
- 2 lbs of shrimp, tails on, washed and deveined
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (more or less based on your preference)
- garnish: Snipped chives
- Place olive oil in skillet and add garlic and red pepper flakes, let stand for 15 – 20 minutes
- Turn up heat to medium-high, add butter. When butter is melted and skillet is sizzling hot, turn down the heat down to medium, add shrimp and sear on both sides for two-three minutes per side, or until shrimp is plump and pink.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread and drinks and dig in!