The beauty of Fall is all around us. First bright yellows and orange colors followed by bursts of bold red trees and leaves everywhere. Summer clothes packed away – winter sweaters the new norm. Our home is filled with the delicious aromas of seductive hot toddies, pumpkin dishes, heartier meals and of course, homemade apple pie. I can’t imagine not experiencing all four season each year – especially the beautiful colors of Fall.
Here are a few images that we’ve collected on our Pinterest Board along with a wonderful Fall Recipe by Donna Hay – Roasted Cauliflower and Sage Risotto.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more Fall and Holiday inspiration!
Fall Risotto: Roasted Cauliflower and Sage Risotto
Donna Hay / Serves 4
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 bunch sage, leaves picked
- 6 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup aborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cups grated Taleggio or Gruyere Cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper on a baking tray and toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes, add the almonds and half the sage and roast for a further 5-8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the stock in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Chop the remaining sage and add to the pan with the rice and sherry. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the sherry is absorbed.
- Gradually add the stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously for 25-30 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and rice is al dente.
- Stir through parmesan, salt and pepper and spoon into serving bowls.
- Top with Taleggio and the cauliflower mixture to serve.
Falling in Love with Fall
We love the branches used in the Mini Candy Apples below: