Let’s get healthy and heat things up at the same time. I love the idea of this fruit smoothie with the added fire of chili pepper for that extra “zing”! A perfect drink to kick-start a weekend brunch (in bed or course!).
Peruvian Avocado Chili Flip
Recipe by Avocados from Peru, 4 Servings
- 1 Peruvian avocado
- ½ (3/4 pound) papaya
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 chili peppers
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 ½ cups multi-vitamin, orange, or passion fruit juice
- Crushed ice
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and peel. Roughly chop up the avocado flesh.
- Peel the papaya and remove the pit. Roughly chop up the papaya flesh.
- Peel the banana and cut into pieces.
- Cut chili peppers into halves. Remove the seeds and cut into fine slices.
- Combine chili peppers with avocado, papaya, and banana in a mixer. Add lime and multi-vitamin juices, and blend the mixture.
- Fill glasses halfway with crushed ice and pour in the juice mixture. Garnish the glasses with chili peppers.