Here are my top ten go-to kitchen tools that I use all the time. I love trying out kitchen gadgets old and new, but some items are beyond nice-to-haves like the list below. I love walking through William Sonoma, Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy’s and boutique kitchen gadget stores. Its always fun learn about things that can make life in the kitchen easier and sometimes more fun like goggles for cutting onions (very practical) or spiral makers (fun!). So here we go…. my top ten, everyday kitchen gadgets. Just click on the title of each item to purchase whatever you are missing!
1. Strainer / Everyone needs a few strainers – small, medium and large. My all time favorite strainer comes from Savora. I just LOVE the design and there is an awesome array of colors.
2. Mandoline / When you need uniform slices, think Eggplant Parmesan or Potato Au Gratin, there is nothing like a good old Mandoline.
3. Hand Grater / Again, my favorite is made by Savora; I love its ergonomic design and its practical holding attachment (less mess in the kitchen!); and there are many colors to choose from.
4. Non-Stick Pan / Essential for eggs, and more delicate dishes.
5. Cast Iron Skillet / We grew up with one cast iron skillet in the house and it was used all the time. Its my back up when it just too cold to go outside to grill.
6. Garlic Press / I’ve had many garlic presses in my life but nothing will come between me and my Zyliss press. it is the BEST one out there.
7. Le Creuset Pot / From chili to stews, chowders, sauces and my favorite curry dishes – this pot is cherished!
8. Kitchen Knives / Everyone needs a set of kick-ass kitchen knives. Learn which knives to use for chopping, slicing, dicing and learn how to care for your knives. A good set will cost a good deal of money.
9. Cutting Board / I love a large cutting board with a channel on the outside for collecting juices, I use this for almost everything.
1o. Blender / Margaritas, Vegetable and Fruit Juices, and Smoothies – every kitchen needs a blender.
11. Kitchen Aid – this is a bonus kitchen tool that I hear makes cooking and baking so much easier. I don’t have one just yet but its on my WISH LIST! So, there you have it ten and if you are lucky – 11 must have kitchen tools.
All links provided are from an Affiliate Program.