Turn up the volume on your asparagus side dish with this tasty treat. Not counting salt and pepper there are only 4 ingredients, so needless to say this is an easy-to-prepare quickie – a wonderful side dish for a romantic meal for two. This dish pairs well with fish, beef, lamb, pork and seafood.
Check out our video – who said food isn’t sexy? Lights. Camera. Action!
Asparagus with Crumbled Blue Cheese and Walnuts
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus, cleaned and bottom stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill or steam asparagus until done (we prefer crispy tender, not too soft)
- Place cooked asparagus on a serving plate
- drizzle olive oil over asparagus
- Add blue cheese and chopped walnuts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serve immediately