Planning a cocktail party for two? This recipe for Prosciutto Wrapped Code Bites is a great choice to serve up with your drinks. The delicate mild flavor of the fish is enhanced by the subtle salty profile of the cured ham – the combined flavor profile pair perfectly with a refreshing dry, martini or a glass of bubbly – be it Champagne, Prosecco or Cava. And its a tasty LOVE BITE to add to your Valentine’s Day menu.
Prosciutto Wrapped Cod Bites
- 1 lb cod fish
- 8 – 10 slices Prosciutto
- 1/2 tbs chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/8 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes and put in a bowl
- Add olive oil, strip in thyme leaves, and chop rosemary then also add to the bowl.
- Squeeze on the juice of 1/4 lemon and coat the fish well.
- Cut the prosciutto lengthwise to make into strips and roll each piece of fish with one of the strips
- Turn on the Broiler
- Place fish on an oven safe rack over cookie sheet and sprinkle the top with thyme and rosemary
- Place the rack and cookie sheet under the preheated very hot broiler abut 3″ from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn fish around and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Remove from oven, squeeze fresh lemon over all fish and serve
- Serve immediately