What can I say – I love chocolate and I love these mini chocolate tortes. It’s the perfect size to take care of your chocolate fix and if you are looking to please your chocolate craving lover – these mini tortes will do the trick!
Love Bites: Mini Glazed Chocolate Tortes
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp water
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cocoa and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Blend until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In the saucepan, blend in flour. Beat in egg yolks. Stir in water. Set aside
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating just until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Evenly divide into a greased and floured 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until you can place a toothpick or fork in the center and it comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from the pan onto a wire rack.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add 2 tbsp cocoa and 2 tbsp water. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, beating until smooth.
- Frost each torte and serve