Sweet, light, and slightly tart – a slice of this cake is the perfect ending to a romantic meal for two. Serve as is or with a dollop of creme fraiche – you can also add berries if you like. Simply delicious! All you need is a mini bundt pan like the Nordicware Aluminum Heritage Bundtlette Cake Pan that gives you this sexy swirl design.
Glazed Lemon Cake Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (plus more as needed)
- optional – powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined, then increasing speed to medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl and add eggs and lemon zest, mixing on medium-high until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into greased and floured 9×9 cake pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto the wire rack and cool completely.
- Combine melted butter and lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and stir to combine; add more lemon juice as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.